07 July, 2012

31113


The other day I logged into Blogger to put up another post.  I scanned the stats as usual.  I usually take little notice of them, but that time I saw that in the year or so I’ve been blogging, I’ve had 31113 page views.  Now, aside from the fact that that is a beautiful number – I love symmetry – I found it quite astounding that things I have written have been read 31113 times.  Admittedly some of those views will have been my own, but I’m still thrilled that about 30,000 times – on my little blog I don’t promote - someone has visited my site, and read my words and thoughts.  And so I thank you.  I thank you for visiting, for commenting, for being so respectful of each other, for being so thoughtful and intelligent and compassionate and funny.  I’m honoured that you find something worthwhile here.  You inspire me to to be more thoughtful, and I hope, to be a better writer.

11 comments:

  1. Wahooo!!
    Well done and it comes as no surprise...it is always a joy to read your words, thoughts and opinions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mali, I love your blog! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

    PS: my number in this moment: 5344. Beautiful numer as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty awesome! I am glad that I found your journey. Oh by the way, there is something you can click on the page views summary which stops it from counting your views. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great number...but you can probably increase it a bit for those who read in a reader and don't always come over to the page...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to have found you, too. :-D THANKS for sharing your thoughts, for tickling my intrigue, for making me think, for inspiring me to write. :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog(s) are an inspiration and I never miss a post. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank YOU for being here -- you are already a fabulous writer! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world gets a little smaller and friendlier every day -- thanks for sharing your insights with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you are here and I was able to find you.

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete