23 February, 2015

#MicroblogMondays: Knickers!



My guests will arrive in an hour, and I still have to do some cooking and cleaning, but it is Monday, and my mind has gone blank for #MicroblogMondays ... so when in doubt, repost!

Those of us who go through loss, infertility, or end up living without children often end up feeling less like a woman, and decidedly unattractive. When I was going through my second ectopic, an internet friend suggested I go out and buy myself some sexy underwear. At the time, sexy was the last thing I felt like - it was feeling sexy that had caused all this trouble, after all!



But one day I did as she suggested, and although I might not have felt particularly sexy, I did feel

  • younger, more pert
  • more feminine (which was particularly important at the time)
  • more beautiful, and
  • a wee bit naughty.

Whatever size you are, whatever you might be doing, don’t underestimate the rejuvenating power of some new underwear, or a sexy new bra. They lift your spirits as well as those cheeks and boobs!

PS. Based on the comments I received first time around, feel free to replace underwear with shoes - they have similar beneficial results.


11 comments:

  1. This made me smile. Guilty of buying new shoes here! My DP always says he doesn't care for sexy stuff, and it has taken me a long time to realise that I still do, and it does make me feel different indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice! Have a nice time with your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can attest to the benefits of stepping out of your comfort zone in the undergarments department!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha.. as a recent convert to this line of thought I agree wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been having a kind of blah last few days and this made me smile! It also made me think I need to go by some lingerie or shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grinning on this end. I love this advice! Though initially it seems strange, there is something about wearing lingerie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or lipstick! A bit more obvious to to others, but still lifts the spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good suggestion! It is a way to express yourself and reconnect with yourself. It reminds you of who you are and how you see yourself in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love a new bra, but nothing really beats shoes for making me feel pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, rock on! I second everything, especially the wee bit naughty part.

    As I was going through treatments I took an immature, obnoxious satisfaction in any way I could manage to feel and look sexy. What the heck, I still do. I feel I've earned very bit of it, for as unevolved and superficial as my adolescent gloating may be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For me, a new lipstick or lip gloss always does the trick. ;)

    ReplyDelete