15 November, 2012

Two Years



12 November was my two year anniversary of blogging here, at No Kidding, about my once very private but now rather public journey of infertility and living without kids.

This is my 148th post.  You’d think, as I like round numbers, that I’d have at least tried to reach 150 by the 12th.  And that I would have at least posted this on the 12th, not the 15th, as I am doing right now.  Clearly I wasn’t paying attention, and the date slid by.  By the way, did you notice that if I had, it would have been on 12-11-12*, which has a nice symmetry about it.

My blog hasn’t taken the world by storm, it doesn’t have the most readers, or the most comments.  But I enjoy writing it, sorting out how I feel about my life, providing an outlet for the occasional moan about not having kids, and building a small community of friends who gather here, and read each others' blogs.  I also get enormous pleasure on the occasions when it is obvious my words have helped.  It makes sense of my losses, sense of what I have been through.  I am very proud of that. 

Of course, now I wonder if I can keep it up for another two years.  I'll do my best.

* My part of the world writes dates day-month-year, which has a logical progression, rather than month-day-year, which just confuses the hell out of me!

14 comments:

  1. Happy 2 years!!!
    I love reading your blog, it has helped me a lot.
    So I really hope that you are going to write it at least for another two years!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2nd blogyversary! :-D Reading your posts have helped me and enlightened me, so I look forward to whatever you're going to write next and next and next. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear, hear! Happy Bloggerversary! Your wise and passionate words have meant a lot to me...lurking as I do around the blogoshere...here's to the next two years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy! Tim just walked in the room and was impressed by your blog design, the pretty "endpapers."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like to read your posts, so I always check in to see what's up with your writing. :) Happy 'bloggerversary'- I like that term!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogoversary!! :) You are too modest -- I think you have made an invaluable contribution to our community in these past two years. I look forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mali, I am a recent reader, but your posts (particularly the Thich Nat Hanh quotation a few weeks ago) have been immensely helpful in seeing what might be on the "other side." Keep on writin'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I for one have been a dedicated reader, if only for the past handful of months :) Your words have definitely made a little more sense of my world too - so thanks for that!

    Happy Bloggy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found you a few months ago...but have loved your blog and hope you continue on for many more years!

    I continually am looking for more and more child-free blogs...I enjoy travels and photography.

    My blog started out on an international adoption theme (failed)...deleted. Then domestic adoption (failed)... And now on with life - happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogoversary! I hope you keep writing for many years to come, I never miss a post (even if I don't always comment). I love the way you write, and that you are a child-free blogger AND that you blog from NZ which has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogoversary!!! I am so glad you chose to come here and write. Love your blog, it has helped me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a bit late to comment, but I echo what others
    have written here. Your blog posts enrich our understanding and encourage new ideas. Thanks for providing a welcome gathering space to share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for writing. I enjoy coming here. I hope, you have some lovely champagne and cake.

    ReplyDelete